The attorneys at Haicken Law have handled hundreds of Bronx accident cases. We have worked on just about every type of Bronx accident imaginable. We are very familiar with the intricacies of the Bronx County Supreme Court, and the quirks of the Bronx County legal system.
Many of our Bronx accident clients were seriously injured and we were able to get them just compensation. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of an accident in the Bronx, please call our Bronx accident lawyers today. The call is free and there’s never a fee unless you win.
How can an injury lawyer help me if I’ve been injured in an accident in the Bronx?
The Bronx accident lawyers at Haicken Law are here to help you get the compensation you deserve after a Bronx accident. When you are in an accident, there will almost always be an insurance company that insures the defendant that may have caused your injury – insurance for the truck that hit you, insurance for the store where you fell etc.
When we sue the trucking company or the store, their insurance policy kicks in, and an insurance company comes to their rescue. The insurance company’s job is to try to settle the case by paying you as little as possible. The ideal situation for the insurance company is to pay you absolutely nothing for your Bronx accident case. The insurance company will hire a team of lawyers to fight for their interests. Shouldn’t you have a team of lawyers fighting for you?
The Bronx accident lawyers and other members of the LAW TEAM at Haicken Law will do everything we can to help get you as much money as possible for your Bronx injury case. These steps may include:
- Interviewing eyewitnesses;
- Hiring top notch, ex-NYPD detectives to comb the area in the Bronx where your accident took place, to find any and all video footage of your accident;
- Hiring top engineering experts to determine what went wrong, and what the defendants could have been done to avoid injuring you;
- Hiring highly qualified medical experts to determine the extent of your injuries;
- Getting you the best medical treatment possible, and making sure your bills get paid;
- Fighting with the insurance company out of court to try to settle your case as quickly as possible;
- Going to court if necessary to convince a jury to give you every penny you deserve.
The insurance companies that do business in the Bronx know that our lawyers fight tooth and nail four our clients. They know we are not afraid of court in the Bronx, and will do everything we can, within the limits of the law, to get you the maximum compensation available.
The Bronx – a snapshot of car accidents.
The Bronx is a large diverse borough, in the midst of an economic transformation. The amount of people along with such an enormous amount of roadway miles and commercial activity makes it inevitable that there are a tremendous amount of accidents in the Bronx each year. For example, according to data compiled by the City of New York, there were 1,772 car accidents in the Bronx in August 2021 alone.
This does not count at all towards other Bronx accidents like slip and falls and construction accidents. The New York State Department of Health has found that the #1 cause of injuries in senior citizens is falls.
Many of these car accidents and fall accidents can be blamed on negligence, i.e., carelessness.
What types of accident cases have you handled?
The lawyers at Haicken Law have handled many different types of Bronx accident cases.
- Car accidents
- Construction accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents, trip and fall accidents
- Negligent security accidents
- Medical malpractice
Who can I sue to get money for my injuries?
Our lawyers will leave no stone unturned in searching for every possible person or company we can hold accountable to get you maximum money for your injuries. Some examples of parties who may be responsible are:
- A careless driver who hit you while she was texting;
- A property owner whose employee forgot to put up “Wet Floor” signs when mopping;
- A general contractor who didn’t provide a safety harness to a worker;
- Your neighbor who let his pit bull off leash;
- A trucking company whose driver fell asleep at the wheel.
The Bronx injury lawyers at Haicken law have years of experience investigating accidents and determining who could be at fault. The people who have caused you harm will do everything possible to hide evidence, and blame you for causing your own injuries. That’s why it’s important to hire Bronx injury lawyers who have handled many Bronx cases and know how to find the evidence that will help you win your case. We are ready to push your case towards settlement or trial if necessary.
What are common injuries you have seen in Bronx car accident, slip and fall and construction accident cases?
- Motor vehicle accidents commonly result in “whiplash” which causes injuries to the spine. We regularly see patients who sustained bulging or herniated discs. These injuries sometimes resolve on their own, but can be so painful that injections and surgery are required.
- In many slip and fall cases, we see emergency room records that say “FOOSH.” This stands for “Fall On Outstretched Hand.” When someone slips or trips, it’s only natural to put a hand out to brace yourself. Slip and falls generate such force that serious injuries are often a result. We commonly see fractures (broken bones) of the hand, wrist, arm and shoulder. The most common bone fractures are of the metacarpals (fingers), scaphoid, radius, ulna and humerus.
- Fall accidents commonly also result in tears, especially of the TFCC in the wrist, the labrum in the shoulder, and the ACL or meniscus in the knee.
- Construction accidents often result in the worst injuries of all due the height of the construction work. Workers who fall off scaffolds often sustain many broken bones, and spinal cord injuries. These injuries can be career ending.
In addition to the risk of falling, Construction work in New York is so dangerous because workers must be constantly on the lookout for objects falling from above. Haicken Law settled a construction accident wrongful death case in 2020 for the family of a man killed by a falling window at a Construction site.
Bronx, New York Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations is the time you have to file a lawsuit. The clock starts ticking the moment the accident happens. The statute of limitations for a personal injury case in New York is 3 years for most cases. However, there are exceptions and some other very important deadlines.
- Medical malpractice – 2.5 years (30 months)
- Cases against the City of New York, MTA and other Authorities – 1 year and 90 days. (Also, a notice of claim must be filed within 90 days of the date of accident).
- Car accidents – the application for no fault benefits must be filed within 30 days of the accident.
Whatever type of situation your Bronx accident involves, it’s very important to speak with an experienced Bronx injury lawyer immediately. Once you miss a deadline, there is no going back.
What can I be compensated for?
Cases are worth different amounts in different counties. While that may sound strange, it is true. Every county has a different racial and socio economic make up. Different people give different amounts for the same injuries. Only a lawyer with experience in the Bronx can truly have an idea of what your case is worth. You may be entitled to money for:
- Lost time from work;
- Medical bills;
- Emergency room treatment;
- Physical therapy;
- Visiting nurse services;
- Emotional suffering;
- Loss of quality of life;
- Inability to do things you used to do before the accident;
- Pain and suffering.
If a child is suing for the wrongful death of a parent, they may also be entitled to money for loss of parental guidance, even if the child is an adult at the time of the parent’s death.
In a death case, the family may also get money for the duration of time their loved one suffered before passing away.
The amount you get in a personal injury case is supposed to compensate you for what happened to you. It is supposed to indemnify you or make you whole. It is supposed to help put your life back together. While of course your wrist, or knee or back weren’t for sale, it is the job of your Bronx injury lawyer to attempt to put a price on what happened to you. Most importantly, a good Bronx injury lawyer is there to make the wrongdoers pay for what happened. The lawyers at Haicken Law want you to get justice for your injuries.
Call an aggressive Bronx injury lawyer today! The longer you wait, the harder it will be for us to help you. Witnesses vanish, people delete surveillance footage, memories fade. The sooner you contact us, the easier it will be for us to get to work on getting you the most money possible. The call is free, and there’s no fee unless we win. We work on contingency meaning we get 33 and 1/3 percent when the case settles. If we were to go all the way to trial and lose, you owe us nothing.